I love bitter gourd in any form. This particular raita I have tried for the first time and loved the unique taste. Normally we have bitter gourd in curries, as a dry veggie with lots of onions and garlic, stuffed form and deep fried fritters.
Today I decided to make something very easy and simple. Easy as I normally keep some sundried bitter gourd in the fridge. Loved its unique flavour……..
- 1 – Bitter gourd chopped finely. Add a little salt and rinse it once and strain well and keep aside.
- 1 Cup Curds.
- 2 – Chopped Red chillies.
- Salt as per taste.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 t spoon.
- 1 – Onion finely chopped(Optional)
- In very little oil fry until crisp and keep aside.
- ( in summer you may sun dry and keep them so it will be handy whenever you want to make them.)
- Take a bowl and beat some curds and add salt and refrigerate it. Before having it take some oil and add jeera and red chillies chopped and pour it over the dahi and add the crisp bitter gourd pieces and mix well. Raita is ready😋
You may add finely chopped onion if you wish.